Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watermark

Hi All,
    I can print my drawings to pdf and add a watermark in Acrobat (pic 1), but I wonder if watermark can be added in Revit, or if the text (letters) can be transparent, so everything behind is visible (pic 2). Thanks.
    Attached Files

Well, it can be:

Create a drafting view
    Sketch the text using Filled Regions with a grey solid fill set to transparent.
    On you sheets, place this over the text and it should work.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

...yeah, I was thinking about it, ...eventually gave up on it as time consuming option, hoping for better more flexible solution - 'real' text that can be updated as needed. It looks like Acrobat is the way to go then.

...maybe in 2013

Thanks Martijn :beer:

Comment

Wrote a post about a watermark technique back in January 2006 and the good news is it still works in 2012. Work around warning, it involves a dwg file with the text and using a legend view but it does work.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
          Wrote a post about a watermark technique back in January 2006 and the good news is it still works in 2012. Work around warning, it involves a dwg file with the text and using a legend view but it does work.
          Isn't that going to result in the dreaded "as indicated" view scale in most cases...
          Chris Price
          Co Founder | BIM Manager | Product Designer | B.Arch (QUT)
          Xrev Revit API Add-ins | Revit Rants

Comment

Originally posted by PijPiwo View Post
            ...yeah, I was thinking about it, ...eventually gave up on it as time consuming option, hoping for better more flexible solution - 'real' text that can be updated as needed. It looks like Acrobat is the way to go then.

...maybe in 2013

Thanks Martijn :beer:
            Well, to set up maybe. But the drafting views can be saved out to your template so you can reuse them
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
              Well, to set up maybe. But the drafting views can be saved out to your template so you can reuse them
              True, but I thought it would be possible with true text watermark somehow.
              Steve's idea is not quite working for me.
              ...I think I stick with Acrobat for now.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Yep, if you show that on the sheet anyway. With a view title the scale is already there, why show it again...

For the technique to work I believe the legend needs to be wireframe.

Comment