Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving entire sections of 3D model cleanly

Hi Team,

This may be a simple one - I am reasonably new to Revit.
    I am currently doing a cost cutting exercise on a house design and want to select whole sections of a house and move to cut floor area. I am currently doing this by selecting everything in the area and de-selecting troublesome elements such as curtainwalls with the filter tool before moving. This sometimes works and othertimes not. Sometimes I also group then move but again not always successful.

Is there a simpler way to do it? I am thinking of the Marquee tool in Archicad where you select an area and stretch the whole model cleanly.

Thanks

Stefan

I'm unsure exactly the exercise you are trying to do, but revit has a very handy "design options" function that will let you model several different "versions" (or options if you prefer) of geometry layouts and assign them to that particular option which also allows you to manage what is visible or not at a given time. Check out some youtube tutorials on design options and see if it is the tool you need or not.

Comment

You may try using a grid or reference plane and locking as much geometry to it as you can along a certain line/face. This will save you from having to select so many elements individually, but once you try to move it you'll likely encounter a few join errors.

Comment