how to snap to division ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to snap to division ?

Hi every one i know already how to snap to half what about snapping to two third ex: if i want to put window 1m divided on wall 6 on 3 times

The way I do this is I place the components I want. Then draw a dimension from one site to the other picked the center or each component. Then click the EQ button. You can then delete the dimension.

Or you can array the component.
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Yep, exactly. Put in the windows, dimension them and hit the EQ symbol.

Like I said before, I'm doing an old project in ACA right now, and I wish I had temp dims and the EQ button. The old divide the line way just sucks!
      Dan

Comment

yeah me same too i wish i have temporary dimension there but there is solution you can show it there by clicking window-plattees-element information and activate element size and so if you want to change dimension of any element like wall in AC just press stretch and tracker will appear and then you can enter new dimension i still love AC it is simple and user interface much more likable for me i do not know about other users yeah forgot to say something revit visual style realistic is sucks i do not like at all it reminds me with Old fashion autocad the rest will be on the private message because people here do not like comparisons with other programmes or mentioning a lot about other programmes

Comment

Since you are new to Revit you are doing the natural comparison to what you know. AutoCAD's parents and Revit's parents were different originally. Autodesk "adopted" (bought the company) Revit when it was a young child.

Revit's "parents" sought to return to us the idea of "sketching" a plan using the computer (no, not in the same way that Sketch Up treats sketching though). When considering the task of placing several windows on a wall, placing them loosely provides a somewhat arbitrary perspective of a window goes here, a window goes here and so on. Then the temporary dimensions and/or permanent dimensions let us define very specific requirements.

If you consider the notion of putting a window at a "third" of a wall might be no more "relevant" than placing it by "eye" at a third. I say relevant because if the building is masonry construction then the rules that govern where the final placement of the window and its rough opening will be required are different perhaps than metal or wood framing construction. The end result is placing something at a specific "division" like a third or fourth will often end up getting adjusted to reflect buildable conditions. End result is the specific desire to place something very specifically or accurate at first is often countered with a subtle change later.

In effect Revit is saying, relax...be loose at first and fine tune things (with temporary and permanent dimensions) as the design decision evolve and mature.

Comment

In effect Revit is saying, relax...be loose at first and fine tune things (with temporary and permanent dimensions) as the design decision evolve and mature. it explained to me even how to divide thanks

about comparison yeah visual style is worthy for me because i can not imagine if building is beautiful or not in this current visual style realistic if you told me to render every time and then i do not like also this it waste time to rely on render in imagining every modification my point really is important and wonder guys how other can appetite model in this suck visual style which really none realistic i asked this question and no one convinced me

Comment

Visual Style realistic isn't about providing a presentation quality. It is just a chance to see the render bitmap on the surface. If you are looking for presentation then you'll need to render the view.

Comment

how ?? the tile bitmap is not appearing except in rendering i am not relying on it in presentation i am talking about the company autodesk can do more for users of programme to this realistic mode to make them imagine better and appetite their work model better it is actually non realistic it is the same for me as shaded style i said from my point of view it is still basic style there is mostly colors more than real bitmap or texture
                Last edited by ahmed_hassan; August 19, 2011, 08:22 PM.

Comment

The walls, floors, doors you use need to have materials assigned to them. When you use default content there really isn't much in the way of rendering materials assigned. If materials like brick or cmu or steel are assigned then Visual style Realistic will apply those. Chances are you've just got elements that don't have materials assigned yet.

Comment

well I'm totally diferent about of the style that inspire me. I like shaded view with ambient occlusion activated and some nice colors and patterns aplied. The realistic view in all the programs sucks because it is based on a fake reality engine like open gl or direct x. It's like 1995 quake 1 graphics just with some better antialising and some uglybump.That can't inspire me.Better some more abstract.
                    Last edited by gaby424; August 19, 2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment