Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to make door inserted to wall with offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to make door inserted to wall with offset?

Hi every one i want to put the door offset to wall with constant value in most of my project 0.15meter how to make this offset to wall ?

That would need to be setup in the Door Family that you are using. You can grab one of the doors in our Download section, to see how it´s done.
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Doors (and windows) are hosted in Walls.
      When you open a Door Family TEMPLATE, you will notice that there is also a dummy wall there. This wall isn't going to be loaded in your project, it's just to provide a "real Revit world" environment to model your door in.
      When creating a door/window family you will need to host the geometry on a reference plane. This reference plane is usually drawn in Plan View, aligning with the wall. Name the reference plane (to be able to host the geometry on it), and dimension it to the exterior of the wall. Select the dimension, and give it a label (parameter) to control the offset. Now when you start adding geometry to the door (frame, panels), make sure you host it on the newly created Reference Plane. It will then all move with the offset-parameter you created
      Attached Files
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I think the "offset" in the original question refers to a default distance to place doors from an adjacent perpendicular wall. In that case, creating a vertical reference plane in the door family, placed at the default distance, would be useful to align the door element to the wall, selecting the reference plane.
        Attached Files
        Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

do you mean that i need to make another refrence plan in family editor ?

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed_hassan View Post
            do you mean that i need to make another reference plan in family editor ?
            If you want to have an additional plane in the door that you can reference to with the Aligned tool, yes. If you don't want to deal with the family editor yet, at least you could put a dimension in the project, between the frame of the door and the face of the perpendicular wall, set that to 0.15 m. and then lock the dimension. Your next doors could be created by copying this door from one corner to another corner.
            Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

i know this topic is very old but i read from a book i got it called Design integration using revit he said you do not have to dimension between the wall and the edge of door for every instance but he constructed like 2 dashed line looks like wall, he said this is significantly reduces the number of doors that need to be dimension, i really do not get it is this possible to construct a vertical wall(perpendicular to existing one)?

Comment

You can't make a "corner" wall in your Door family. You probably wouldn't even want to, because then you would never be able to use that door UNLESS it was in a corner.
                What we did was add a Reference Plane at 4" from the Hinge (which works out to 2 inches from the frame.)
                This doesn't get you an automatic placement of the Door, but you can use the Align tool and very quickly move the doors into place after they have been inserted.
                The Reference Plane doesn't show up anywhere, but it will appear while using the Align Tool. The trick is that you need to set the RP's "IsReference" property to "Strong Reference".
                We have also added Reference Planes at 12 inches and at 18 inches from the strike side so we can easily verify ADA clearances.
                DoorPlanes.PNG
                Dave Plumb
                BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
                  We have also added Reference Planes at 12 inches and at 18 inches from the strike side so we can easily verify ADA clearances.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]9448[/ATTACH]
                  Why not nest (or draw) an ADA clearance diagram? I've had plan reviewers reject drawings for not having them before :banghead:

fwiw - our plumbing fixtures all have the approach built-in. Makes layout a lot easier, especially in small bathrooms like apartments and hotels.
                  Last edited by cellophane; September 4, 2012, 03:59 PM.
                  Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
                  BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Don't forget about changing the Temporary Dimensions settings under the Manage tab. I find this helpful when placing doors adjacent to walls.

I recommend checking out Aaron Maller's door families to see a working example of locating door frame geometry within an opening.
                    01010010011001010111011001101001011101000010000001 10100101110011001000000110010001100101011000010110 0100

Comment