Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrical architectural symbols, accepted graphics and method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical architectural symbols, accepted graphics and method?

In gearing up for next years teaching, i am locking down a library of current australian electrical symbols to be used in archictectural plans rather than students blindly following some manufacturers strange symbols used more for domestic 'plan your own house' stuff. Im not looking for parametric electrical family stuff, just representational graphics.

The general use for these symbols is on a 1:100 plan here, so i was wondering if people use detail items for these symbols or annotation symbols so scales can be flexible.

With the lack of current australian standards dictating modern electrical fixtures such as led, mains powered smoke detectors, etc, there seems to be a fairly wide range of symbols in use out there by manufacturers and designers.

Is there a collection of symbols that are more established for architectural use being used by anyone?

What we always try to do in the teaching profession is abide by australian standards as a default but with the technical drawing standard here being about the oldest standard you could find, we need to resort to what can be seen as the next accepted practice rather than blindly follow what some of the electrical companies see as correct representation.
    Any thoughts?
    Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

Modeled Elements and Tags, with letters in them.Its not an *industry standard,* for sure. And im okay with that.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

So that way properties of height and type etc could all be scheduled out?

Comment

Well, i would never use *only* an annotation or a detail item, because i believe its my (our) responsibility to deliver a MODEL thats complete. Now, some people will nest Generic Annotations or Detail Items IN Modeled Objects, and ive done that (with generic annotations) when i was required to at other firms... But it sucks. It works like crap at various scales, and its always a chore to maintain. So- given the luxury of doing things my own way- i would rely now on tags and modeled objects. Tags can show heights and properties just like the symbols can, as well.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Thank you aaron.

Comment