Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Materials Cut Patterns - Model Patterns Unavaliable

Any work around out there to getting a Model Cut Pattern Available

I'm making up alot of Plywood Internal Finishes, 12mm thick with 3mm Laminates
    I have a Filled Region with a 3mm Pattern for this, but want to move it across to my Wall Families
    but when I choose my materials cut pattern style, all that is available is Drafting Patterns.

Any help would be appreciated heaps

Dwane
    Dwane

That's just the way it is in Revit, unfortunately. Only drafting patterns can be used as a cut pattern. So, you either create drafting patterns that will scale correctly at 1:5, 1:10, 1:20 etc or, if these cut patterns are going in specific families and you always want them to appear correctly you could nest a detail component which has a model filled region in it into the families.
    Michael
    Canberra, Australia

Comment

Michael
      Thanks for the Tip!:thumbsup:
      Dwane

Comment

Good Little Tip
        If you want to create Fine Model Patterns, say 3 mm High Horizontal, Create them using there Imperial Equivalent!
        Revit will take a Very Small Imperial Pattern, but not an Metric one?

I have successfully made a Plywood Laminate 3 mm high (or 1/8th Inch) in Model Patterns
        Dwane

Comment

how can I create scalable drafting pattern? is it possible?

Comment

Only model patterns scale. They're for things like elevations where you want the bricks to always be the correct size. Drafting patterns are identical regardless of the scale. This was to prevent poor drafting in details.
            ​My ID was stolen. Now I'm only called Dav

Comment