Walktrhough not exporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walktrhough not exporting

So, I'm sure I've missed something basic here.

For some reason, every time I try to export my walkthrough which has had all camera angles and the camera path already managed, I end up with an AVI file of 0 kb.

Im sure a stage is missing, usually when I export it will ask me what kind of codec I want to use, but it skips this and goes right to the export file path.

Anyhow, even when I just follow the export steps, it spits out an empty AVI file.
    It goes through the process of rendering, just that there is no end product.

I have tried switching the hardware acceleration on and off, I had read somewhere that this should be on, however it was on during my first several attempts. I have since tried exporting with this setting off, and have the same result.

Any hot tips on what the likely causes are, or preferably, just a solution?

oh great and I mis-spelled walkthrough in the title....curse you fingers CURSE YOU
    Last edited by Karalon10; December 13, 2016, 02:38 PM.

Have you got enough free disk space ?
    Revit add-ins: Purger (delete UNUSED and selected line patterns & line styles, find & delete CAD), Rooms To Spaces, Schedule Utilities (Calculated Values/Combined Parameters To Tags, reuse view filter rules in schedule filters), View Filter Manager (with bunch of other features) at Revit Exchange Apps, View Filter Manager ML

Comment

I assume so yes.
      You mean storage space, or ram for the render?

Usually if theres not enough ram for the render it will tell me before I finish the export steps

as for disk space for storage, yes Im certain I have enough

Comment

I mean storage space.
        Another thing might be a limit of avi file size itself, a single file (in general) probably can not be larger than 2 GB.
        Revit add-ins: Purger (delete UNUSED and selected line patterns & line styles, find & delete CAD), Rooms To Spaces, Schedule Utilities (Calculated Values/Combined Parameters To Tags, reuse view filter rules in schedule filters), View Filter Manager (with bunch of other features) at Revit Exchange Apps, View Filter Manager ML

Comment

I want to bump this thread again, because I still have no solution here as to why it wont export.

Im 99% certain its not the file size, because when I have been running trials on getting it to export, I have reduced it to only the first 2 frames of the walkthrough and also on low resolution passes.

Comment

I've always had large ones fail, and I always chalked it up to lack of RAM.

Comment

Nope problem solved - missing codecs

Comment