how to set materials on roof in revit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to set materials on roof in revit ?

HI just simple easy question because i tried and i do not know how to do it ?
    How i can gice this roof change its texture of tile roofing
    thanks in advance for your help
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ahmed_hassan; August 18, 2011, 11:08 PM.

You are in the properties for the 3D view. Select the roof, then go to Edit Type in the properties palette. In the type properties, you will see another box that says edit (under the type parameters). Select that and another dialogue box will open for you to edit the roof assembly. This is where you change your materials.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dzatto; August 18, 2011, 11:10 PM.
    Dan

Comment

mm i did as you said it works thanks for this but by the way can i see realistic tile while i am working on 3d or this is only plain color realistic one on the render
      Attached Files

Comment

You should be able to select realistic as the visual style. Look at the bottom of the view. From the left, you should see scale, then detail level, then visual style. It looks like a box. Select that, realistic is the bottom one.
        Dan

Comment

but this actually realistic visual style actually i set for the roof a mterial as in the image and that actually appears i need a real preview please because reality open the appetite you know
          just forgot to say results here is the same results in render except grass
          Attached Files

Comment

The material you are using for the roof needs to be based on a image, and a bump map... see the attached example.
            Attached Files
            Klaus Munkholm
            "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Did you mean any external image from my choosing ? is this will only apply on render output or there is a way to show it in realistic style too ?

Comment

if you want real 3d items on your roof you can do it but you have to to some more advanced tricks by using another tools like custom familis that simulate an 3d item than you apply it in a curtain grid as a panel. I think is a page here on the forum how to do that.Is the same discussion as for windows. It is not easy from the first time but is very flexible if you really heve advanced skills. Anyway in my opinion the render solution is not hardware consuming.

Comment

You can pick any image of your choosing, but you can also just hit the "Replace" button in the above screenshot, and choose one of the default roofing materials.... "Realistic" style uses the "Render output" for displaying the materials... so it´s crucial that you setup the Render materials properly.
                  Klaus Munkholm
                  "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Here is a screen shot of a building I'm working on with the realistic style. It's just a quick shot, so the lighting sucks, but you'll get the idea. I also included a quick rendering of the same building.
                    Attached Files
                    Dan

Comment