how to color line of wall and windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to color line of wall and windows?

i do not like just to work black and white how i can color this lines i can not reach please expert tell me the method to change the color of the line

Well, you will get used to it. I actually prefer it now. Much easier on the eyes.

That said, if you want to have colors you can select a wall, right click, go to Override Graphics In View. Then choose By Category. This will open up the VG override dialogue box. Scroll down to walls and change the cut lines to whatever color you want. You can do this for any category, or a single element.

Keep in mind that Revit is WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). There are no layers to control line weights, so changing everything to different colors will probably affect plotting. I'm not real sure since I leave mine black and white.
    Last edited by dzatto; August 18, 2011, 08:24 PM.
    Dan

Comment

thanks for the info it works ok i will try to adapt myself on what you said

Comment

I've responded to your other thread as well. Trust me, forget all things CAD and learn Revit. You won't regret it.
        Dan

Comment

you should look to Manage, Object style. this is the place to tune how objects looks for all the views. And never forget that CAD is only an electronic pencil, you deal now in Revit with Modeling. From Age of stone to Age of steel.
          Julien
          "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
          P. DAC
          Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jbenoit44 View Post
            you should look to Manage, Object style. this is the place to tune how objects looks for all the views. And never forget that CAD is only an electronic pencil, you deal now in Revit with Modeling. From Age of stone to Age of steel.
            i like your expression :thumbsup: really all of memebers here is pushing me up and i appreciate it ,

Comment

Originally posted by jbenoit44 View Post
              :banghead: I should have said that instead. That's a how you change it globally. My way only changes it in that particular view. Which you may need one day, so remember it. :laugh:
              Dan

Comment

ok dzatto never mind

Comment

If you still need to have colors, but don't want to mess up printing (which who would), you can make 2 view templates: a working view and a printing view. You can then change the course scale fill patterns for walls so you have colors in the working view. And then use overrides in the printing view so that everything looks the way it should when printed.
                  Last edited by mark b; September 29, 2013, 08:21 AM. Reason: blog link deleted
                  Mike
                  bimeveryday.com

Comment