Dimension Stacked Walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimension Stacked Walls

I have created several stacked walls in my model and I am to the point of dimesioning my walls. I am wanting to dimension to the centerline (core) of walls; however, when I try to dimension a stacked wall it won't give me the choice to dimension to the core centerline. Has anyone had this problem or found a solution?

Thanks for the help!

When you dimension, before you start picking points, check the options bar. Choose "center of core" in the first drop down box. Then it should work.
    Attached Files
    Dan

Comment

Thanks dzatto, that worked perfectly.

Comment

Or hover above the wall and use the tab key to switch between placement planes for your dimensions...
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Now Martijn, you know I tried that! It didn't work for some reason. But, when I specified it in the options bar it worked. Any idea why??
          Dan

Comment

Nope, only thing I can think off is that it has something to do with the setup of the Stacked Wall. If the parts have different thicknesses but are aligned to one face the Centerlines don't align and Revit get's confused. Using the Option Bar will probably force Revit to choose one (guessing the base).
            But that's just speculation since I don't really use SW's that much. I find their behaviour irratic and more often costing me time rather then saving it.
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment