Floating Geometry when nesting walls in a curtain wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floating Geometry when nesting walls in a curtain wall

I've had this happen enough times at this point that I decided it was time to invest in a solution for it. In the case where a wall type is nested as a curtain wall panel, Revit has generated floating/interesting panels that are associated with the c.wall, so they can't be deleted, but they don't seem to serve any grid line, or purpose. Knowing there's anyone out there with a similar issue would be comforting... also the solution would be nice
    the highlighted wall is actually nested into the front c.wall, like any of the other panels on the element, but in this case, it is floating, you can not delete or move it, and it seems to be independent of any gridline
    Attached Files

Originally posted by itisntmakingsense View Post
    I've had this happen enough times at this point that I decided it was time to invest in a solution for it. In the case where a wall type is nested as a curtain wall panel, Revit has generated floating/interesting panels that are associated with the c.wall, so they can't be deleted, but they don't seem to serve any grid line, or purpose. Knowing there's anyone out there with a similar issue would be comforting... also the solution would be nice
    the highlighted wall is actually nested into the front c.wall, like any of the other panels on the element, but in this case, it is floating, you can not delete or move it, and it seems to be independent of any gridline
    Type Properties - Offset, what's the value. If it's other than zero that's the issue. Edit: that would be Type props for the floating object
    Last edited by Dave Jones; December 12, 2016, 11:27 PM.
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Try to select all the nested panels and set Location Line Offset to 0 in properties palette.
      Revit add-ins: Purger (delete UNUSED and selected line patterns & line styles, find & delete CAD), Rooms To Spaces, Schedule Utilities (Calculated Values/Combined Parameters To Tags, reuse view filter rules in schedule filters), View Filter Manager (with bunch of other features) at Revit Exchange Apps, View Filter Manager ML

Comment

Unfortunately, the location line offset is set to zero. I've only had this problem when trying to nest a wall as a panel (never using a panel family), but either way, was hoping to solve it for future reference. These are the props of the nested panel:
        Attached Files

Comment