Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isolate elements in section box

Hi there.

I want to make a 3D section view of a a bridge, which contains rebars, and I would like rebars not to be cuted by the bounding box, only the deck will be sectioned. Exist any way to perform that task? The only way I was able to do that was cutting the deck with a void form, and cut the rebars with the sectioning box.

You could use Parts to divide the concrete into sections and then hide the parts you don't want?

Comment

Iberkim is right: you could convert the concrete deck into parts, and by ticking on "show shape handles" you can push the concrete back , so it will just expose the rebars.
      Last edited by MPwuzhere; December 1, 2016, 03:34 PM. Reason: cleanup

Comment

Good question. You probably should find this kind of functionality in Inventor or Solidworks. In Revit (or AutoCAD) only workarounds that need seperate model files is what I think..
        Last edited by HansLammerts; December 1, 2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I think I'd create two Views - one showing just the rebar and one with everything else.
          Crop them the way you want, and then overlay them on a Sheet. They should snap into alignment.
          Place the rebar View first and then the other.
          There is a Display Order which makes the last placed View take precedence over the earlier.
          You can't change that after. You can only delete both an re-place the Views if you need to change the order.
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I'm trying to make some renders of that view, so the "overlay Method" is not suitable. I will try some of the others "tricky methods". I thought I could do it easier.

I am an expert in other CAD software as CATIA or Inventor. It's one month since I moved to REVIT because I thought it was easy to deal with heavyly reinforced concrete parts. By now I dont find it helpfull. The rebar options are very simple, and I had to learn DYNAMO to make some easy rebars layouts impossible to make with program options. By now the work is almost done, and every time I try to change any rebar shape the program need a lot of time to response, and sometimes is impossible to fix the rebars where I want ...

Comment

I'd suggest you apply to be a beta tester to suggest future improvements in workflow
              beta.autodesk.com
              Dave Plumb
              BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment