callout head gap - eliminate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

callout head gap - eliminate?

Is there a way to eliminate the tiny gap which shows up between the detail/section callout heads and the extension line? So that my tag looks continuous.

Please post your detail/section callout families and examples of the callout.
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

here's a screen shot:
      Attached Files

Comment

it`s easy, Alex will replay soon He needs some rep points

Comment

Originally posted by gaby424 View Post
          it`s easy, Alex will replay soon He needs some rep points
          LMAO!!! I do love those little green bars!!! HAHAHA :beer:

stl4310, verify in your callout family that there are no lines/text/objects or anything outside of your circle. Revit uses the extents of the objects in the family to specify the origin of the leader.
          -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Ok so I think that all of my items are inside of my circle, with the exception of the SIM/TYP reference label. I've attached the perpetrating family.

Also, related to this stubborn section tag, how can I get it to have a solid white background? I've tried a normal masking region, but it won't rotate properly with the line dividing the top text from the bottom text. My callout tag works fine with the masking region, but not the section tag.
            Attached Files

Comment

Something wonky is going on here. If I edit the OOTB section head and make the circle 3/8" I can replicate the issue you are having exactly.
              Attached Files
              -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Yeah I know, right?

Would it make sense just to rebuild the tag from scratch? Originally I just edited the OOTB tag and made it smaller.

Comment

Tried it... Gona have to get the big guns involved in this one me thinks. I am completely as a loss.
                  -Alex Cunningham

Comment

It seems to remember the original position of the original reference planes. Make a test. Open an similar family from OOTB. Draw two lines on the vertical reference planes that are tangent with the big circle. Copy the lines. Paste them via Paste aligned with the curent view in your family. Then upload in a project. You will see the line will sotp of the simbolic lines. Maybe is a bug.

Comment