Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roof problems

Hi guys,

been trying to fix this but i have spent far to long trying with no success. i am redrawing the handdrawn plans onto revit and am having trouble with this porch. the porch itself will be 200mm higher then the rest of the roof.

i have tried drawing them in the same roof. the roof lines were close but not the same as the architect has done. it is also at the same level and i cant work out how to offset just the front section of the porch and leave the rest of the roof alone.

i have also tried drawing it as a seperate roof and then tried to join the roofs together but havent had any luck. i think its a simple solution but i am stumped.

attached is the handdrawn copy that i am trying to redo - including heights and roof lines. and also my revit attempts. any help would be great thanks
    Attached Files

i modeled this as three different roofs on each change is size the key to getting the roof that your looking for is unchecking the defines slope option in the roof creation to get the flat side then u will nedd to edit the profile of the wall to close in the roof

the right triangle is the slope symbol while defines slope check box controls what is sloped and what is not if u select a line and uncheck defines slope the roof will stop and need to be filled in with the wall
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Darius; November 2, 2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Try modeling the shaded roof as a separate piece (see image below). You can then raise/lower it until it aligns with the main roof.

Capture.JPG
      Tony Perez @Twitter
      Senior Structural Designer
      Tesla Gigafactory - Austin

Comment