Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gymnasium Equipment

Hey all,
    Does anyone have any Gym / workout families they might like to share or perhaps know where there might be some good ones?
    Andrew Harp
    BIM Manager GHD
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
    If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

Don´t know... but Technogym have 3DMax files on their website - And maybe seek.autodesk.com will have some in Revit format... I don´t dare to suggest that you have a look at RevitCity...
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Thanks Klaus,
      I have managed to find a few so I can start with those. I will certainly check out your suggestions and definitely not Revit city.
      Andrew Harp
      BIM Manager GHD
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
      If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

Comment

The entire Life Fitness Line of exercise equipment is on AUGI for free download. Someone posted it awhile back. Theyre all fairly decently done, except the rack with the free weights. Its imported CAD junk. The rest are all native Revit.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Jokingly:

"Oh--don't model all that stuff--just draw some 2D lines because we don't know what it is or where it will go or how tall it really is........................"

All in fun, just couldn't resist.
          Cliff B. Collins
          Registered Architect
          The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
          Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

To each their own. Would be more funny, if you were actually funny.
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation

Comment

Dude ,

Lighten up--just having fun!
              Cliff B. Collins
              Registered Architect
              Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Dude-

I have lightened up. Twenty pounds since Christmas. Must me all that hefty Shelving i took out of the model.

Comment

But it's "OK" to load up a model with 3D gym equip...............hmmmmmmm. Is it in the scope, or provided by others? does anyone know?

Just seems a bit inconsistent depending on the situation.

But I'm glad there's some good Revit content out there for fitness equip.--have 3 jobs right now where we'll use them in the model.
                  Cliff B. Collins
                  Registered Architect
                  Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

So much for *i was just joking,* but yes, ill bite: There is a reason i said "The Life Fitness line is modeled on AUGI" and not "There is some gym equipment on AUGI." Would i use it in a model? Yes, if i was making a Gym with Life Fitness equipment. If i wasnt, id probably use families with lines in them, showing the actual dimensions of the actual line that was being used by the gym, since they are very different and they are EXTREMELY critical to place, given required clearances, mounting locations to the slab, and so on and so forth.

As in the other thread, if they WERENT Life Fitness models, id prefer NOT to show something detailed. Showing a rectangle that says "Hammer Strength Chest Press" is better (imnsho) then showing a Life Fitness machine. Particularly since (youll love this, Cliff), i could get detailing from hammer Strength on where the actual mounting locations are, and i could show that as Symbolic or Model Lines in that family (still no 3D model!) and be way farther ahead INFORMATION wise, than i could showing a superduperfullyparametricBIMmodelomgweeeee of some crap that isnt even close to correct.

On a job yesterday, i was thankful that all of our modeled content clearly defines if it is Manufacturer Specific or Generic, and that one of our Architects was smart enough to validate that the generic equipment wasnt the correct size, and therefore did not fit in the room it was placed in. "Just because its in a model, doesnt mean its right."

Having said all that, the thread was already headed towards 3DSmax content, and the stuff on Seek. Id just assume have the OP not destroy his Revit File with some of that stuff, if they are heck bent on having 3D content in there regardless of manufacturer.

"Cheers!"

Comment