Breaklines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaklines

I am having trouble with breaklines in a section view. sometimes they mask objects and sometimes they do not. what would be different to cause this?

You might want to select it and Bring to Front. Drawing order applies in relation to other detail components. If you place the breakline first and then add overlapping DC's they will hide the breakline instead of the other way around.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

My recollection is that they are directional even though they do not have a flip control. They take two picks to place, yes? If you insert one and it does not mask anything, delete it or undo and place another one in the same spot by picking the points in the opposite direction.

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyder View Post
        My recollection is that they are directional even though they do not have a flip control. They take two picks to place, yes? If you insert one and it does not mask anything, delete it or undo and place another one in the same spot by picking the points in the opposite direction.
        Or: open the family and add a flip control to it...
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

i have them placed correctly but when set to "Wireframe", they do not mask or "break" objects. when set to "hidden line", breaklines work for detail components/detail lines but the modeled objects dissapear........

Comment

When in wireframe the masking region that is in the detail component family (the breakline) will be transparent just like everything else. You'd need to be in hidden line mode for it to cover anything.
            Michael
            Canberra, Australia

Comment

Two things:
              1. If the Detail Components are shared they will not respond to the masking unless the break line is shared also.
              2. If this is not the case try turning off Hardware Acceleration in the options.

Hopefully one of these will help.

BIM Manager
              PAYETTE
              Adaptive Practice Blog
              [email protected]

Comment

Good point Jason, at some of my clients offices I've had issues with "Overlay Planes" on some graphics cards not correctly displaying detail elements ultimately how they will print. For example, hidden lines and override linework utilities would place but show no indication that they had worked... Very annoying!
                Chris Price
                Co Founder | BIM Manager | Product Designer | B.Arch (QUT)
                Xrev Revit API Add-ins | Revit Rants

Comment