Changing a wall's cut pattern with a filter oddity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing a wall's cut pattern with a filter oddity

We are using a filter to change the cut pattern for a wall that is 1 Hour Rated. It's pretty simple, and the filter works fine. The oddity that i noticed is that the hatch pattern changes orientation depending on if it is a Coarse view or a Medium/Fine View. If it is Coarse, the hatch is aligned to the Wall element as it defined in the pattern, but if it is Medium or Fine, the hatch acts more like a Fill Region typically does and is does not align. I've attached a couple of screenshots. Has anyone experienced?
    Attached Files
    Ryan Taube
    BIM Manager - Clayco Construction | Lamar Johnson Collaborative

Yes. The materials for the layers of the wall needs a fill pattern set to align with the model. It doesn't have to show, however, if you use a white color, or space it ridiculously far apart. I use this instead of the coarse scale fill pattern... fewer things to chase down when a change occurs.
    Greg McDowell Jr
    about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

What Greg said. Ive made every fill pattern that has to go in to a Wall, set to Align with Model, even if they arent meant to be. It sort of stinks for Brick, as i really like the exterior pattern on brick to stay oriented to the View (it makes my detail components look better, since mine are unhatched hollow detail components), but oh well.
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
      @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment