Revit 2012 re-load problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit 2012 re-load problem

I'm having a problem re-installing Revit 2012. I recent replaced my over flowing SSD and as such had to do a complete re-install, including other autodesk programs such as AutoCAD 2012. The first time I installed revit 2012 on my new system it failed to load properly, as I was running another program (my bad). Obviously when I went to fire it up it only got as far as the starting window. I was not able to uninstall the program normally and had to do it manually (delete) including going and deleting registry files. Now when I try to reinstall revit its telling me its already installed(?) and so I can't install. Additionally I've uninstalled all autodesk programs off my machine for possible conflict.
    Has anyone else had this problem? I will also contact vendor and autodesk for a soultion.
    Thx.

Download Windows Cleanup Utility from MS. Install it, run it and delete ONLY the Revit 2012 installer.

here is a link to another thread on RFO about this
    Last edited by mark b; August 10, 2011, 04:00 AM.
    Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

This is for MS office only. It seems they have discontinued the utility program because it damages other files.
      I tried revo Uninstall to no luck either. Looks like I'm going to have to reinstall windows.
      Thanks anyway.

Comment

It's not only for office, i know it says that, but its not. and no its not discontinued. I have used it on many occasions to solved your issue.
        Also download from here
        Last edited by mark b; August 10, 2011, 04:27 AM.
        Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

OK. I will use next time. Used the sledgehammer and reinstalled. All good.

Comment