Multiple Level Foundation Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Level Foundation Plans

First, I'm doing all this in RAC. Even the foundation plans.

The house (Yep, Alf, the Bonanza Ranch!) has multiple levels. They have already started forming up the lower levels, so I did a foundation plan of just those levels. No problem. Easy.

Now, I'm doing the middle, and then the upper, levels. No big deal, right? Well, how do I keep my beams from showing up on the lower levels now? I can't filter them, since they are all the same type (upper and lower). All the components are the same, just on a different plane.

Editing my view range won't work, because I need to see the outline of the slabs above. I don't want to use the line tool on every edge. That will take forever.

I'm thinking I'll have to just hide all the beams I don't want to see. That's pretty time consuming as well. Is there a better way?
    Attached Files
    Dan

Ah, the Bonanza Ranch is taking shape. It looks huge, as expected.
    Hmm... you did not mention Plan Regions yet, did you?
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Nope, not yet. Didn't really think of them for this situation. Would that work? I mean, I need to hide the upper levels when I'm doing the lower plan, and the lower levels when I'm doing the upper plan. All while still showing the actual slabs, just not the beams or slab edges.

And yep, it's pretty huge. About 16K condition space and 22k under roof (including covered porches, outdoor living, and garage/ car ports). And, believe it or not, we cut it down by about 1/3 of what it originally was. Some people are just living the life. :laugh:
      Dan

Comment

fill the comments parameter with different value an make filters?

Comment

Filters or plan regions. My vote would be for Plan Regions.... just a bit more simple IMO
          -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by gaby424 View Post
            fill the comments parameter with different value an make filters?
            That would work. I wish I would have thought of that last night. :laugh:

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
            Filters or plan regions. My vote would be for Plan Regions.... just a bit more simple IMO
            Yeah, I started to try that, but then it got messy (probably because I didn't do it correclty). So I scratched it and resorted to selecting the beams and edges already placed and hiding them in the view. It only took a few seconds to select them. Not as bad as I thought.

I'll definately need to figure out a better way since all of his designs have multi level slabs.
            Dan

Comment