RAC 2011: Solid fill bleeding or missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAC 2011: Solid fill bleeding or missing

We're having a problem with solid fill (in walls, columns, floors, etc) either bleeding out into an adjacent triangular area, or going missing. This happens when creating a pdf, dwf, and printing directly to a plotter, but in each of those, it happens in different areas of the drawing. We've tried everything we can think of, including printing to raster (poor quality, and still dropout).

Anyone have advice or experience with this?

Thanks!
    Daniel
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Daniel Friesen; August 9, 2011, 09:50 PM.
    Daniel Friesen

Looks like a graphics card/display issue. Have you tried turning off/on hardware acceleration? ( I would have also suggested raster settings in the print driver.)

Also, does this happen on all machines? Or just the one you are printing from? i.e. test it on another machine and note the graphics card setup and see if there's any difference.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

I see these anomolies from time to time. So its nothing out of the ordinary unfortunately.

I've never found a fix. Like the earlier poster, we just assume its a graphics / card issue.

Comment

Correct me if 'm wrong, but if it were a Graphic card issue it wouldn't affect the actual pdf's let alone the paper prints. I've seen this on (my) screen but it NEVER affected the real life paper documents.
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

It does happen on all three machines I've tested it on. I've ruled out graphics card issues, because as Martijn mentions, the graphics card should not affect pdf and hard-copy. Besides, what I didn't mention was that it looks perfect on-screen - it only occurs on output.

Looks like we'll just resort to White-Out. ;-)
          Daniel Friesen

Comment

Well, if it were just one I would say it's a printer driver issue. But if it happens to numerous output formats, I'm beat. Have no idea on what's going on here.
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Friesen View Post
              It does happen on all three machines I've tested it on. I've ruled out graphics card issues, because as Martijn mentions, the graphics card should not affect pdf and hard-copy. Besides, what I didn't mention was that it looks perfect on-screen - it only occurs on output.

Looks like we'll just resort to White-Out. ;-)
              It is the same for us. Screen looks good, the prints come out with these small triangular anomalies.

Comment