Revit 2017 [for BDS] Updates Not Showing on Autodesk Desktop App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit 2017 [for BDS] Updates Not Showing on Autodesk Desktop App

Hi, we've got a number of Building Design Suite licenses [multi-users & single-users] including Revit 2017, and I'm the contract manager.

When I use the Autodesk Desktop App, it says that no updates are available for Revit 2017 and the build number is 20160225_1515(x64) - Though I know from the blogosphere that SP1 and SP2 have come out for Revit 2017.

How does one get the updates with BDS and the Desktop App ? Thanks in advance.
    Kamran Mirza
    Chartered Architect RIBA, ARB, PCATP

Anything preventing you from using these: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...s?release=2017 ?

Comment

So does that mean that I have to bypass the Autodesk Desktop App ?

I was trusting it to let me know about updates and be a window to finding out and downloading and installing updates.

Now I have to keep my eye on blogs, find out informally when updates are made available and then manually download and install them. Kinda doesn't make sense when you have a desktop app which is meant to monitor that ? And that's only for Revit, I have to do that for AutoCAD, Navisworks et al too ?
      Kamran Mirza

Comment

It seems like it may be something in your settings? We have the suites (all multi-user) and I haven't had any trouble seeing the updates, including both SP1 & 2 for 2017 in the desktop app. Is your desktop app up to date? I'm the contract manager and I've been installing/updating Revit on a number of computers lately without issue.
        Julie Kidder
        Architect + BIM Director
        Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Thanks jmk, if its working for you then it should work for us too. I'll check up on updating the app or better still I'll contact the reseller tomorrow. Thanks again, that was the answer that I was looking for.
          Kamran Mirza

Comment