Window Sill elevation visibility issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Sill elevation visibility issue

I can't figure out why the window sill won't show up in the elevation view...visibility setting is set to show up Front and Back.
    I have other window families with the same sill that don't have this problem.

Below is a link to the Family file

https://vault.elephantdrive.com/s.as...QVPLNrA&node=0

Thanks
    Attached Files

I can't get the file to download from your web drive.

Comment

Thanks...I'm trying to figure out why. I'll post a new link when I figure out what the problem is. What is the max. size to upload on to the Forum? The Family is 2MB.

Comment

That should upload just fine. Might want to save as and purge...
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by HenryD View Post
          I can't figure out why the window sill won't show up in the elevation view...visibility setting is set to show up Front and Back.
          I have other window families with the same sill that don't have this problem.
          The file downloads fine if you click the file name, and not the green "download" icon.

Are you sure that you´re using the exact same sill for other windows without problems? The reason I ask, is that the nested facebased sill is modelled "up-side-down" or "rotated", and the visibility for the geometry needs to be checked for "plan" representation too, in order for it to show in elevations.
          Klaus Munkholm
          "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
            The file downloads fine if you click the file name, and not the green "download" icon.

Are you sure that you´re using the exact same sill for other windows without problems? The reason I ask, is that the nested facebased sill is modelled "up-side-down" or "rotated", and the visibility for the geometry needs to be checked for "plan" representation too, in order for it to show in elevations.

Thanks Klaus! I can always count on getting a good answer here.
            That was the problem, the plan visibility in the sill family was unchecked.

Comment