Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem importing Sketchup to Revit 2012

Hi,

I am having a problem with importing Sketchup files to Revit 2012. It just won't. Period. It won't import any file of any size saved to any version of Sketchup. I've tried saving the linked files back all the way to version 5. I get a "Cannot open *name of file*" error and that's it. Also any Revit files from previous versions which have a SKP file linked in just break the link and dump the file on open. Filesize doesn't matter. I have tried importing a 6 foot cube. Nada.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

JF

Perhaps the writing is on the wall......model it in Revit or Vasari!!!! ( jokes!!!)

Seriously, did you try importing/linking into the Project, into an in-place Mass, or perhaps into a Generic Model Family or Mass Family and then load the family
    containing the SU into the project?
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Have you tried exporting/importing the model as a DWG? I haven't tried importing a sketch-up model in 2012 yet, but in provious versions translating as a DWG, is usually a more trustworthy method.

Cheers,

John

Comment

I import SketchUp ver6 files regularly into Revit 2012. I can only report that it works. I'm not sure why your system is acting up. Not much help.
        Brian Beck
        Project Coordinator - Stantec
        http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brian-beck/4b/57a/332

Comment

can't import sketchup version 6 and 7 to revit 2012.

I have a bit more information on this.

we have several computers on windows 7 and also serveral on vista.

the vista computers can import sketchup version 6 and 7 (havent tried 8 yet)

yet the windows 7 computers have this problem.

is anyone else having this problem with windows 7 but not windows vista.

i cant believe that in this case. vista is better.

Comment

Win 7x64 here.

I just opened a new file and was able to link and import a .skp into it no problem. My SU is whatever the latest release version is (8.something)

Could be a glitch with your Revit install. Maybe try a repair?
            Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
            BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by bendjfya View Post
              ...the vista computers can import sketchup version 6 and 7 (havent tried 8 yet)...
              Interesting... had to look up the term "SketchUp" though...

Glitches aside.. The best solution is to avoid using SketchUp in the first place. :beer:
              Klaus Munkholm
              "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Seeing exactly the same issue today. Win7, 2012 and SU8... something's broken...

Comment

Are you guys using SU Pro or the free version?
                  Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
                  BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Does that matter during import to Revit? Just have free version installed. Is importing block within Revit if the pay version isn't installed?!? What if I didn't have SU installed at all?? Actually I know the answer to that one...still doesn't work. I only downloaded and installed it on the off chance that it wouldn't work unless installed.

Comment