This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall Fill Pattern Modifications

K I give up, I can't for the life of me figure out how to do what I want.

The description:
    New wall cut pattern... pretty simple eh. :banghead:

I need to create a line of arcs that starts and ends on center of the wall. The frequency of the arcs are based off the frequence of the cross hatch. Standard revit cross hatch. I just manualy drew the way i want it to work in the attachment.

Please help
    Attached Files
    -Alex Cunningham

It cannot be done natively in Revit, since you cannot create a .pat definition that does that.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Alternatives? Ideas on how to display what is needed? Ideas for other ways of displaying the differance between insulated and non insulated?
      -Alex Cunningham

Comment

You could use ortho cross hatch vs diagonal hatch and just include it in a legend
        Juan Carlos Moreno
        Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
        Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
          Alternatives? Ideas on how to display what is needed? Ideas for other ways of displaying the differance between insulated and non insulated?
          We went the route of making two materials for the stud layer, and insulated one and an uninsulated one. We leave it looking like this till 99% CDs. It makes the insulated envelope very obvious on screen, in plan and section, it prints so lightly that it doesn't cause problems with interim prints, and it makes it much easier to get the drafted insulation applied in the right place, and only the right place. Then, for final print, we change these few materials to no longer have the fill.

For Existing stuff we have only a color override. All line weights remain the same as new. If you halftone all Existing then the pink halftones too, and is perhaps too light to see. But if you override just the lines with gray, then the material designations are still visible. I am on the fence on that nuance at the moment.

Gordon
          Attached Files
          Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

We use a Shared Parameter in the wall type, for Insulated. It lets us run a filter and hatch the walls a specific way if we want to, and we can do it selectively in certain plans. That SP also shows up in our wall tag, to denote in the documentation if the wall needs insulation or not.

It also lets our estimators get quantities of insulation.

We dont use the drafted insulation tool at all, except in VERY large details. The tool LOOKS great, but it should be a modeled line, like RST rebar. Otherwise, it sucks.
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
            @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment