This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting a furniture family

I created a cashier counter family, furniture category. It's fine except that my sections won't cut it. Why?

Apparantly, there is a post on the old AUGI about this, but I can't get to it for obvious reasons. Threre's also a blog about it, but IT has it blocked.
    Dan

Furniture families are one of those horrible families hard wired not to cut. i have learn't the hard way. Use generic models instead.
    Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
      I created a cashier counter family, furniture category. It's fine except that my sections won't cut it. Why?

Apparantly, there is a post on the old AUGI about this, but I can't get to it for obvious reasons. Threre's also a blog about it, but IT has it blocked.
      Sorry, furniture can´t be cut

To see what categories are cutable, just go to the Manage > Object Styles dialouge.
      If the field "Cut" is greyed out, the category won´t cut - simple as that :beer:
      Attached Files
      Klaus Munkholm
      "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Imagine all your furniture show as cut in a building section.

Furniture > needed to be shown as cut => Casework category.
        Eddy

Comment

Casework it is! Fortunately, I only have on piece of "furniture" in my building. lol

It's the little things like not knowing what gets cut that makes Revit so fun. :banghead:
          Dan

Comment

I've learned this the hard way a long time ago.. Don't use furniture anymore, only if I DONT want a family to be cut. Dumbass difference btw, Casework is a type of furniture isn't it???
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
              I've learned this the hard way a long time ago.. Don't use furniture anymore, only if I DONT want a family to be cut. Dumbass difference btw, Casework is a type of furniture isn't it???
              While casework is a type of furniture it is typically the only type of furniture that you would want to cut on a regular basis. This is especially true for custom home designers that often customize all of the casework in the building and require specific construction for them. Furniture, such as beds, chairs and the like, typically do not need to be shown cut and thus do not have the option. Another fun category that has this issue that is used a lot is specialty equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by hypnox1 View Post
                While casework is a type of furniture it is typically the only type of furniture that you would want to cut on a regular basis. This is especially true for custom home designers that often customize all of the casework in the building and require specific construction for them. Furniture, such as beds, chairs and the like, typically do not need to be shown cut and thus do not have the option. Another fun category that has this issue that is used a lot is specialty equipment.
                Funny you should mention that. I just reset all of my equipment categories to specialty equipment, then realized they don't get cut. Not that I would need them cut, but if I ever did..........

Why not just have a check mark in the family editor categories box for cut or no cut? That would be perfect.
                Dan

Comment