Perforated hatch pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perforated hatch pattern

I am looking for a hatch pattern with small circles to represent a perforated metal panel. I tried hatch 22 and it did not like the circles. Anyone know where I can download a .pat file or of another way to easily make one?

I don't think circles are accepted in hatch patterns that Revit accepts: try making the circles out of polygons instead
    Last edited by Alex Page; May 24, 2016, 09:56 PM.
    Alex Page
    RevitWorks Ltd
    Check out our Door Factory, the door maker add-in for Revit

Comment

Using polygons as Alex suggested works perfectly. To make your life easy, just import the "HEX" pattern from the acad.pat file and set your desired scale factor. You'll never notice that it is hexagons instead of circles. A few images attached.....

Jon
      Attached Files

Comment

Any particular pattern? As mentioned HEX.PAT serves well - for finer holes try Acad's CROSS, SQUARE or TRIANG. DOTS is problematical.

One problem in creating tiny patterns is distortion caused by selecting a scale where the dash length falls below Revit's minimum acceptable line length.

We've had some success creating "random" frit patterns using scattered Revit circles. If you want fancier than OOTB please post a sketch.

Hugh Adamson
        www.hatchkit.com.au
        Last edited by hugha; May 25, 2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment