Gridline extensions in details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gridline extensions in details

Is is possible to shorten the length that gridlines extend past the extends of a detail view?
    Currently mine extend too far for my liking and run into other details on my sheets.
    Attached Files

The annotation crop boundary should bring them in a bit.

Comment

You can also control the ends of Grids and Levels with a Scope Box.
      Cliff B. Collins
      Registered Architect
      The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
      Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

The annotation crop will only bring them up as far as they already are in the above image.

Scope box doesn't work in detail views.

Comment

I'm confused. Why can't you just grab the grid ends and drag them to where you want them? Am I missing something?

Comment

[/QUOTE]Scope box doesn't work in detail views.[/QUOTE]

Scope boxes work in 3D, which controls the ends of Grids and Levels in ALL views. So--Scope Boxes are a good way of controlling the length of the end of the grid line automatically--in all views, including a Detail Callout. Go to a 3D View, adjust the Scope Box up or down vertically ( in the Z direction in the 3D view ) now go back to your Detail View and the end of the grid line has adjusted. Make sure the Grids are associated to your Scope Box in the Grid Properties.

Edit: of course, in simplest terms, just click the end of the grid line, set it to 2D extents, and drag it wherever you want.
            This is fine for one view, but not so good on hundreds of views on many sheets--that's where a Scope Box can really save time.
            Last edited by cliff collins; August 4, 2011, 07:41 PM.
            Cliff B. Collins
            Registered Architect
            The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
            Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Select the Grid, check whether it's pinned. If so, unpin it.
              You will see a little blue text, saying 2D or 3D at the extents. Make sure it's set to 2D (click on the 3D once to switch it). Now you can safely drag the head and/or tail by dragging the blue dots. Repin when done.
              Martijn de Riet
              Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
              MdR Advies
              Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Yeah, my gridlines don't show any blue dots, and both the pinned and unpinned icons are grayed out.

Earlier I had created a model group of my gridlines and property line and attached detail groups of dimensions to them so that I would be able to place the same grid dimensions in all of my plans.

Comment

Unless it's really been that long since I last worked on a live model in documentation (!?) you should still have retained 2D/3D control even if the grids are grouped.

Comment

You can still edit the group while in the detail view, select the 2d option on the gridlines grips and move them within that detail view and the rest of the drawings will be unaffected.

Comment