Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheet Order - Project Browser

Hey everyone,

I was trying to organize the My sheets by using a shared parameter and the browser organization dialog.

I have all the sheets arranged by Discipline and in order Arch, Struct, Mech, etc.

But within the A-sheets I have a demolition plan which is numbered D-1.

How do I make it so that the sheet shows between say A-1 and A-2?
    All I can get it to do is arrange them A-1, A-2,.....,A-6, D-1

Thanks in advance!
    Juan Carlos Moreno
    Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
    Sisley Cosmetics

I don't know how many sheets you have, so if you have a ton this may not be the best method, but what I did on a smaller project was made a parameter such as you did, but specify the sheet order. I would do like an A1, S1, M1 etc so that when you add new sheets you do not have to renumber all the way down.

Comment

So what you mean is assign a parameter that changes the D-1 to an A-1a but not the Sheet name itself?
      Juan Carlos Moreno
      Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

That is what I was thinking.

Comment

I'll try that out, Thanks
          Juan Carlos Moreno
          Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

Look at this illustration (saved from my old posts in Augi). These settings allow you to have demolition sheets D1, D2, etc, before A1, A2, ... all within the same Architecture set. The Sheet Set, and Sheet Order columns are the fields whose values you need to manipulate to introduce more variations in the sequence. You can hide those columns after making the changes.
            Attached Files
            Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Thanks!! This is exactly what I wanted to do

Actually i have another Question, How do I add Plumbing to the available discipline selection RAC2011
              project shows mechanical and electrical but not plumbing
              Last edited by JCM; January 4, 2011, 11:05 PM. Reason: Forgot to add question
              Juan Carlos Moreno
              Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

Never mind, I just added one more parameter to the my group sheet order.
                Juan Carlos Moreno
                Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
                  Look at this illustration (saved from my old posts in Augi). These settings allow you to have demolition sheets D1, D2, etc, before A1, A2, ... all within the same Architecture set. The Sheet Set, and Sheet Order columns are the fields whose values you need to manipulate to introduce more variations in the sequence. You can hide those columns after making the changes.
                  Dude, you are brilliant. I don't know why I didn't think of using decimal points in my sheet order numbers. It sure beats renumbering the whole list when you add a plumbing sheet! I wish I would have realized that before I did my first project. lol I was wanting to put headers in my sheet list, which you also did. Thanks for the inadvertant tips!
                  Dan

Comment

Is there any way to organize the browser just like the sheet list, without so many levels to expand and collapse?
                    Juan Carlos Moreno
                    Sisley Cosmetics

Comment