Spot Elevation to Step/level dif symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot Elevation to Step/level dif symbol

Has anyone created or have any idea on how to create a 'working' step symbol? Ie showing differences in levels.
    About to have a crack at making one.
    Cheers

could you post an example (picture)? Or describe some more for those of us not familiair with the english term?
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Actually the correct term is slab step. I'm assuming you would have to use 2 spot elevations, minus their data to get you the dif.
      I'm guessing someone out there has had a crack at it before.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Alfredo Medina; August 4, 2011, 03:28 PM. Reason: Replaced in-line image with attachment.

Comment

Isn't that the same as the spot elevation tool with the option of displaying top and bottom elevation?
        Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Can you show 2 levels simultaneously in a spot level? and if you can... the next question is.... can one extracting the difference and express.
          Its quite possible I'm overlooking something really simple. :crazy:

Comment

Sorry, can't see what you posted. It's an inline attachment which gives me an error message. But Alf could be right. You can change the SE type and create one which shows both top and bottom elevation.

EDIT:
            Tried it, can only be done in Plan View. Section or elevation only allows "live/current" position of the annotation. Plan View also supports multiple (top & bottom) elevations.
            As far as I know there is no way you can edit the Annotation itself to add parameters or calculated values.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mdradvies; August 4, 2011, 03:25 PM.
            Martijn de Riet
            MdR Advies

Comment

Yeah ok, I did miss that. I suppose asking revit to subtract the top and bottom is pushing it. Its just that I'm doing a long stretch of these and standard is to use a slab step symbol which shows the difference.
              Thx guys.

Comment

Well, yes, both the top and bottom elevation can be displayed in the same spot elevation. But this option is available in plan views, only.

Comment

For sections/elevations you can whip up something like the attached sample...
                  Attached Files
                  Martijn de Riet
                  MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                    For sections/elevations you can whip up something like the attached sample...
                    I agree. That's very good, Martijn. :thumbsup:

Comment