Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool wall problem

Hello can anyone help?
    I am trying to draw a roof on the pool annexe of the hotel project I am working on ( see attached project, I have deleted hotel but kept pool house to keep file size down)
    I have created a suitable plan - Roof Poolhouse. But when you compare 3d view to this plan a major discrepancy emerges.
    If you look at aforementioned plan only one parapet wall is visible. Why is that? How can I draw plan of roof eaves if the walls it rests on are not visible.

My View Range settings are as follows:
    Top 4thFlr
    Cut Plane Associatedlevel (2nd Floor) offset 6000
    Bottom LevelBelow (1st Floor)
    View depth LevelBelow (1st Floor)

What is going wrong when I can see only one of the fourwalls which should provide a support to the roof?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ecotech Kid; May 5, 2016, 07:21 PM.

You're not going to like this......those other 3 walls were Hidden By Element. It's a crutch that lots of folks seem to rely on --- hiding by element vs categories or filters.

Jon

Comment

Thanks I should have thought of that.
      On an unrelated point, why, if you are using Revit in standardOOTB mode, is that when you try to load wall and roof families, there are none?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecotech Kid View Post
        Thanks I should have thought of that.
        On an unrelated point, why, if you are using Revit in standardOOTB mode, is that when you try to load wall and roof families, there are none?
        It depends on what template you started out with....Architectural does have walls and roof types defined. They are system families by the way, so you won't find a folder with roofs and walls, you can only transfer the types from another project.
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

http://www.revitforum.org/architectu...em-family.html
          https://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/h...t-Family-Types
          Last edited by thetragicjoy; May 6, 2016, 06:32 PM.

Comment