joining mullions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joining mullions

Is it possible to get mullions to join and have the breakline between them disappear? So that they look like one mullion instead of a vertical and a horizontal?

Originally posted by stl4310 View Post
    Is it possible to get mullions to join and have the breakline between them disappear? So that they look like one mullion instead of a vertical and a horizontal?
    if you have a horizontal grid the vertical mullion will be broken at the grid location. No way around that to my knowledge. If your purpose is scheduling the mullions at the correct length it can be done with calculated values in your schedule.
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

no, i just want my elevation to look better. in real life there would be a joint, but you wouldn't see it as mullion fields read continuous.

Comment

is it possible to miter them?

Comment

I don't believe there is any way to miter mullions. The best you can do is to toggle the join to maybe get a continuous horizontal mullion, which is actually what you would see in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by stl4310 View Post
            is it possible to miter them?
            this is what curtain wall looks like from Revit and in real life. Window frames are sometimes mitered, curtain wall frames are never mitered. What is it you are trying to do??
            Attached Files
            I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

not necessarily.
              i have a customized mullion which is L-shaped, and at the corner where a vertical and horizontal meet the legs would miter and connect.
              i need the skinny legs to connect.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
                this is what curtain wall looks like from Revit and in real life. Window frames are sometimes mitered, curtain wall frames are never mitered. What is it you are trying to do??
                but in real life you do not read the individual mullions, you read the mullion system as a whole. when creating construction documents, you are indicating design intent, therefore you would read the mullions as a whole.

Comment

Revit isn't perfect and can't do everything. This is one of those situations where I would choose to clean up my elevation with a couple of 2d lines and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
                    I would heed Dave's advice on this topic... he is a curtain wall detailer by profession... or was is he a golfer... i get those confused.
                    -Alex Cunningham

Comment