Wall Reveals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall Reveals

Is there any way to make a wall reveal wrap the ends of my concrete wall? I've made a 3/4 chamfer family and I am having no luck with this. I have already gone through and applied the wraps in the properties.

Select a wall, Modify/Walls>Modify Returns>pick end of reveal, then drag blue dot at the end of reveal
    Revit add-ins: Purger (delete UNUSED and selected line patterns & line styles, find & delete CAD), Rooms To Spaces, Schedule Utilities (Calculated Values/Combined Parameters To Tags, reuse view filter rules in schedule filters), View Filter Manager (with bunch of other features) at Revit Exchange Apps, View Filter Manager ML

Comment

Hey thanks a lot for the advice I will try it out and let you know how it goes. Also In the wall at certain points I have a 6" wall void Inset at the top of the wall. Do you think that this will be a problem with the reveal flowing around all the inset edges?

Comment

The reveal will not follow the inset edges. You can use a line-based generic model with a void, check option Cut with Voids When Loaded in a family under Family Category and Parameters. Place a family along the edges and cut the wall.
        Revit add-ins: Purger (delete UNUSED and selected line patterns & line styles, find & delete CAD), Rooms To Spaces, Schedule Utilities (Calculated Values/Combined Parameters To Tags, reuse view filter rules in schedule filters), View Filter Manager (with bunch of other features) at Revit Exchange Apps, View Filter Manager ML

Comment

Man this is some great info. Are there any other parameter settings I could us use in my wall family that could incorporate a vertical reveal specified with set parameters that could be adjusted as the wall length grows for instance I would like the reveal to show up every 4' on centers and at each endo of of the wall? I have been trying to get a wall family set up so that the reveals(horizontal and vertical) along with a wall tie pattern are established so that if I create architectural finished type concrete wall they generate the reveals and ties as the wall grows in length and Height the parameters kick in on a specified layout. Also ( and I may be getting in too deep) but if there is a way to be able to create a quantified detailed list of linear length of reveal, tie holes, and surface area in a schedule.... Man that would be a game changer. I used to be a concrete carpenter and am now a concrete coordinator, trying to simplify things for project teams.

Comment

Here is an example project file showing how you could achieve this. You can refine it. This wall is not a regular wall because it can't have vertical reveals adjusting to it's length. That is why concrete wall is modelled as ... a curtain wall which gives you the automation you need to set vertical and horizontal spacing of mullions aka reveals. Set their size to get a proper depth of reveal.
            You can schedule:
            - length of reveal: create a schedule of curtain mullions (see: schedules)
            - tie holes, they are shared generic model family nested into a curtain panel, panels that are not orthogonal will break if you edit wall profile so you will have to use a custom concrete wall as a panel and cut holes manually with tie hole family. Project parameter has been added to filter that schedule and display only that family (see: schedules)
            - wall surface.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Artejon View Post
              Here is an example project file showing how you could achieve this. You can refine it. This wall is not a regular wall because it can't have vertical reveals adjusting to it's length. That is why concrete wall is modelled as ... a curtain wall which gives you the automation you need to set vertical and horizontal spacing of mullions aka reveals. Set their size to get a proper depth of reveal.
              You can schedule:
              - length of reveal: create a schedule of curtain mullions (see: schedules)
              - tie holes, they are shared generic model family nested into a curtain panel, panels that are not orthogonal will break if you edit wall profile so you will have to use a custom concrete wall as a panel and cut holes manually with tie hole family. Project parameter has been added to filter that schedule and display only that family (see: schedules)
              - wall surface.
              Hey thank you for taking the time to clear these issues up for me.

Comment