Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does my roof stop working when I alter a level???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does my roof stop working when I alter a level???

Hi all,

I would have attached my project for this but the file size is bigger than the 2MB allowed ;(

Basically I've created a roof which is effectively a monopitch roof around the perimeter of the building that leads to a flat roof level. It turns out that i drew it at a level that now has to be raised 50mm. I can move the roof up using normal move commands if i want to, but when i try and raise the level associated with it i get the warning that the roof footprint can't be made.

Why is this happening i'm only shifting the level 50mm and the roof is pretty big in comparrison it hardly changes the look or geometry but it still breaks ;(

Please help all, much appreciated
    please visit my architectural site

can't you do a save as, delete all obsolete geometry, purge unused and then post? would be a lot easier to troubleshoot...
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Yep certainly can, it's now attached,
      Attached Files

Comment

The problem lies with the Roof Opening Cut you applied in the north-west corner of the building. This is constrained in some weird way that you can't touch it. Not even when editing the sketch. Delete it, change the height and re-apply (and try to define as little constraints as possible)
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

The problem occured before i made that cut so in theory it should be irrelevant. It's just a basic vertical shaft opening nothing else has been edited.

Comment

You will find that you have a 3rd roof in your project you can't see that is giving you the grief.
            To fix you project pick one roof, right click, "select all instances" / "in entire project" change cutoff level to "none" and you will see 3 roof's, delete the one that is offset from the eaves Level, change level height and everything works.
            Found this by-
            If you delete the 2 "pitched-warm" roofs you can see, then go to to project browser and find your "piched-warm" roof familiy, right click, select all instances in entire project, you will see in properties box another turns up with weird properties, if you chance cutoff level properties to none you will notice that it appears in your project.
            Attached Files
            Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment