A quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick question

Does anyone know how to stop/delete the wall infill when demolishing a door/window?:coffee:

That's not possible.
    Only thing you can do is split up the wall directly surrounding the opening and demolish the part. You can edit the profile for this.
    Select the wall > Hit Cntrl-C / Copy to clipboard > Edit Profile.
    Add Profile boundary lines surrounding the door/window you wish to demolish. Close the Editor.
    This will generate an Error Message saying the door/window will be deleted because it's not cutting anything. Hit OK.
    Use Paste Aligned to same Place to Paste back the wall. You will get another error message saying the walls are overlapping. Ignore this. If all is correct, the door/window which was present inside the wall will be also pasted back into your project.
    After pasting the wall this will be selected > Click Edit profile.
    Delete the outer profile and redraw it directly surrounding the window / opening you just created.
    Close the Editor. Set the Wall part to be demolished.

This will automatically also demolish the window.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Thanks Martijn, I was hoping there would be an easy fix but alas Revit is a complicated programme with complicated solutions.

Comment

How about creating a void where infill? Is that gonna work? Are there any consequences down the road by doing so?

Comment

We edit the profile of the existing wall, around the existing window, and copy>paste aligned>same place the entire wall, then reverse the profile (makes the infill). Demo the infill wall, the window goes with it. No infill created.
          Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
          @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by PijPiwo View Post
            How about creating a void where infill? Is that gonna work? Are there any consequences down the road by doing so?
            Yup, error messages... Revit simply doesn't want you to touch this infill.

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
            We edit the profile of the existing wall, around the existing window, and copy>paste aligned>same place the entire wall, then reverse the profile (makes the infill). Demo the infill wall, the window goes with it. No infill created.
            That's the shortened version of my very weiry answer...
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Sometimes there is a need for infill wall to be a different type of wall, other than original one or no infill at all. Unfortunate that revit doesn't allow to do it easily.
              Thanks for reply :beer:

p.s. Topic related so I hope I'm not hijacking :hide:

Comment

Ir should be possible to change the infill wall type. I remember having read a tip about this topic. Don't remember exactly anymore, so would have to do some research...

... It definetly is. At least on my ACA 2012. Simply change wall type for the infill
                dalmore
                Last edited by dalmore; August 2, 2011, 11:46 AM.
                [email protected]

http://4revit.com

Comment