Workflow for Membranes and not only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workflow for Membranes and not only

Membranes - Do you show membranes on your drawing by drawing lines? Can we somehow model it?
    Battens, rafters - Batten as far as i know can be modeled by model in place adding to it material.
    Rafter can be placed as family. Do i miss something? tips please

Originally posted by bangobeat View Post
    Membranes - Do you show membranes on your drawing by drawing lines? Can we somehow model it?
    The question you have to ask yourself is "do you have to" - the difference between your comparators (Battens & rafters) is that they're geometrically significant in their dimensions - and lend themselves to be quantified whereas membranes run hand in hand with their associated elements,

ie. for a 5x5m piece of wall or roof you'll need (at the very least) 5x5m of a membrane so long as long your wall/roof/whatever legends & your specification include that relationship you shouldn't need to model them.

Flashings are bit different, and you could always model them as a sweep.

Comment

As far i understood u draw membranes in 2D.
      U model battens and rafters.

Comment

I find the job requirements dictate the level of modelling needed. 99 times out of 100 I use 3D geometry for rafters and stuff, but even then a basic 2D detail does it for some simple jobs. But I don't think I've ever modeled a membrane (unless it was for presentation purposes - easily do-able now in 2012!), as imho, a curved line in section represting the effects of gravity is actually easier to see in a detail drawing loaded full of straight lines. Modelling sagging roof membranes doesn't seem worth it to me.
        Last edited by elton williams; July 31, 2011, 03:44 AM.
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment