Print order placing halftone over black lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print order placing halftone over black lines

Is there a way to control the halftoned lines so they never take precedent over the solid lines? I've had this problem across printing platforms from HP plotters to Xerox copiers to Kip printers. I don't know how many times there has been much wailing and gnashing of teeth because the halftoned lines are covering up the solid lines in an inconsistent manner.
    ​My ID was stolen. Now I'm only called Dav

I would be interested in a solution. I usually try to make sure I send them to the back.

Comment

Rob that isn't an option when you do something like halftone walls on an RCP. That's the main drawing where I have a problem with this.

Comment

My fault, I thought you meant lines when you said lines. I should have known better.

In an RCP, wouldn't the walls be "above" everything else that would be coincidental?

Comment

That's not even the problem. The grey only covers up a portion of the solid lines regardless of what it is. There is nothing consistent about it.

Comment

Don't know if this will help at all: What Revit Wants: How to Override the Lineweight of a Nested Generic Annotation in a Linked File while working in a Host File
            Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
            BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Do you have or use Bluebeam Revu? I'm not at my workstation at the moment and can't test it --- but if i'm not mistaken, Bluebeam gives you the option to print with Lines Merge (vs Lines Overwrite). Printing with Lines Merge was always the solution for this issue back in the acad days; i'd assume the same for Revit. Worth checking out if you have Bluebeam. If it works, plot to PDF before sending to your plotter.

Jon

Comment