Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit Energy Analysis/Modeling

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, so I apologize if this is not the correct place for this question. I'm working on a project where I need to do some different types of energy analysis using a Revit model, but I really don't know anything about the available functions and features in Revit. What are my options? What types of analysis can be done in Revit 2015, either with the main software or with plug-ins? The main focus would be energy analysis/thermal efficiency and things of that nature. Any information is appreciated, because as I said earlier, I really don't have any current knowledge of the energy analysis capabilities.

I suspect you'd benefit greatly from our Sustainability Workshop.

-Kyle
    Director
    Building Design Strategy

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
      I suspect you'd benefit greatly from our Sustainability Workshop.

-Kyle
      Did Autodesk bring back Vasari?
      Bettisworth North

Comment

You can export GBXML to import to your energy modeling software. You really need to know how to optimize the model for energy analysis, though. Back when I was doing T24 analysis in CA, I found it easier to format some schedules to get the area of walls and area of fenestration and manually input it in EnergyPro. It was just cleaner that way, no extra info to deal with.
        Last edited by Revitaoist; March 1, 2016, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Karl View Post
          Did Autodesk bring back Vasari?
          Many of Vasari's Energy modeling tools have been incorporated into either Revit itself, or FormIt.
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
            Many of Vasari's Energy modeling tools have been incorporated into either Revit itself, or FormIt.
            Interesting, I've been told by those that have used Vasari, that is was a great Beta program. Thanks
            Bettisworth North

Comment

Originally posted by Revitaoist View Post
              You can export GBXML to import to your energy modeling software. You really need to know how to optimize the model for energy analysis, though. Back when I was doing T24 analysis in CA, I found it easier to format some schedules to get the area of walls and area of fenestration and manually input it in EnergyPro. It was just cleaner that way, no extra info to deal with.
              We've done a lot of development lately in this area. Here's a few resources:

Blog post: What is an Energy Analytical Model?

AU Class Recording: Automatic Energy Analytical Model Creation and Analysis with Revit

Revit 2016 Release Feature Summary: Using Conceptual Masses and/or Building elements mode plus Energy Analytical Model visibility

Greenbuild Class Recording: Agile Energy Analysis for Architects with Insight 360

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
              Correct. The vast majority of the Vasari labs effort migrated into existing capabilities in Revit or FormIt.

-Kyle
              Director
              Building Design Strategy

Comment