Problems tagging rooms from linked models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems tagging rooms from linked models

I'm having a bit of bother tagging rooms between different models and hoping someone can help me get to the bottom of it.

The model I'm working on has a commercial and residential element to it, we recently split the residential part of the model out of the main model into it's own model. Both models contain all of the same room data, I haven't yet deleted the rooms from the main model except in some places where I'm now having some problems.

Currently preparing a planning application for changes to this residential block, for the before/after I have created two models with one being the before and the other the after. I'm using view templates to control the visibility of either models depending on what the view is used for. I've also got a design option which contains a few things like floor slabs that are slightly different between the models. The other main change is in levels, the new model is taller than the old one which is already causing some warnings about room overlapping or not having boundaries (I'm reluctant to delete the rooms from the live model until I get to the bottom of the problem I'm experiencing).

In the live model I want to tag my rooms from the linked residential model, in once instance there were two rooms combined into one and here the live model either pics up the original two rooms or it picks up the new larger room but the tag disappears once placed. Because this room also got larger i seem to be able to tag in the area thats larger and move the tag into the room, which seems odd as it recognizes the larger room in the view regardless but there is no visible tag once placed.

I haven't had this setup before where I have 2x different models with different levels. The original levels still remain in the live model, removing them means I lose my plan regions (and more). This will probably cause some issues further up the building where the levels are different, will adding the levels to design options work?

To summarise, I can tag rooms from my linked model, however I get a warning about visibility settings and the tag won't display. I can get it to display when tagging from part of the model that is larger and has no overlap with the original.

I've set both models to be room bounding also from properties. The only other thing I can think of is to link the views but there are quite a few of these and I think I would prefer being able to tag in the live model and not having to go back and forth between models and synchronizing/reloading a lot.