Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof Soffits & Project Parameters

2011 / 2012

How do you get a project parameter to work with Roof Soffits? Since Roof Soffit isn't a category, it doesn't show up in the category list when making a project parameter. Including the Roof category itself in the parameter does not make the parameter available to Roof Soffits.

Suggestions?

I think of roof soffits as ceilings and treat them as such with tags, etc. Maybe use the ceiling category?

Comment

Unfortunately, we are coordinating with a model created by others. Our only option is to filter existing objects. If we recreate as ceilings, they get lost when we receive an updated model. Also, we are linking the objects downstream so we couldn't do this if we wanted too.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Comment

Well, you're screwed then. You cannot touch them nor create extra parameters. It simply isn't available (which, come to think of it, is kind of weird).
        If it were any other component you could create a Schedule and add parameters from there, but that's not possible for soffits.
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Has there been any movement on this issue? I'm trying to apply a filter to a roof soffit but unfortunately it is not a model category. I'm in Revit 2014.

Comment

Does 2014 have selection sets? If so, you can filter that way.
            There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment