Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family Type Parameters and "Export Family Types" functionality...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Type Parameters and "Export Family Types" functionality...

Anyone else have it not working correctly?

Steps to recreate:

I have Window families, that have Shared Nested Window families within them (for swapping out types of window panes), and they have <Family Type (Windows)> parameters assigned to them. Using the File > Export > Family Types functionality to create Type Catalogs, the correct .txt is generated with the parameter values, so we can selectively load types of the family in to a project.

However, NONE of the Family Type parameters show up in the Type catalog, so many of our types are broken.

I have already verified:

1. The parameters exist and are working correctly in the family.
    2. They are type parameters and not instance (they work fine without the TC).

Wondering if its just my Content, just my machine, just my install, or just me...
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Thought RAC 2012 Update 1 fixed this?
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Oh awesome, maybe it did. I havent installed it yet. Will try now, thanks.
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation

Comment

exactly the same for me, with a generic model. no family type parameters in the txt file. I have ALL parameters except family type parameter.
        I did the test with the old txt file (hand made), family works fine.
        I've never noticed this export option, hopefully..... could be useful though.
        Factory has to know that.

BTW, Sp1 already installed.
        Julien
        "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
        P. DAC
        Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cliff collins View Post
          Thought RAC 2012 Update 1 fixed this?
          Negative. Still broken in WU1. Looks like its back to hand writing them for now. Wish i had noticed that before i deleted all the types from the family. *sigh*

Comment

Got information back from Development through Support. As surprised as i am, this is *as intended* behavior. They currently did not plan on Family Tyoe parameters exporting to Type Catalogs. Unfortunate, because this will make the tool 100% useless to us. Back to manually writing the Shared parameter text files for me...

Comment

I can't understand such an answer from the Factory. An efficient family HAS family type parameters.
              I am disappointed :-((.
              Julien
              "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
              P. DAC
              Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Am am i. I sent in additional feedback that i thought the feature was useless in its current form. Fill out a feedback form or file a SR. Its the only way we get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                  Looks like its back to hand writing them for now.
                  What is the syntax for manually adding a family type parameter into the txt file?

Cheers, Brett
                  Last edited by brett05; September 6, 2011, 06:52 AM.
                  Cheers, Brett

Comment

See Dave Baldacchino┬┤s blogpost right here
                    Klaus Munkholm
                    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment