Typical Callout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical Callout

Is it not possible to have a callout represented on multiple views? If not whats the best workaround? I have been using masking regions but its not fun or pretty...

Not quite sure i understand, but yes a callout can be represented (associated) in multipile views by "Reference other view".
    Select callout, and before you make your callout check the "Reference other view", then pick from the dropdown box the view you want to associate the callout to.
    Hope this is what you mean.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mark b; July 26, 2011, 09:13 AM.
    Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by mark b View Post
      Not quite sure i understand, but yes a callout can be represented (associated) in multipile views by "Reference other view".
      Select callout and before you you make your callout check the "Reference other view", then pick from the dropdown box the view you want to associate the callout to.
      Hope this is what you mean.
      Not quite what I ment say level 1 & level 2 are typical is it possible to have the same callout shown on both levels with the callout detail shown on a sheet? Also I thought this may be standard but seems different in MEP I can't do what you describe above. Will post in MEP section but thanks anyway...

Comment

Typical Callout

Is it not possible to have a callout represented on multiple views? If not whats the best workaround? I have been using masking regions but its not fun or pretty...

Say level 1 & level 2 are typical is it possible to have the same callout shown on both sheet views callingout a single detail?

Comment

you mean like this ?
          Attached Files
          Mark Balsom

Comment

Originally posted by mark b View Post
            you mean like this ?
            Yes I dont think this is possible with MEP. Which sounds about right...

Comment

Originally posted by n8wex View Post
              Yes I dont think this is possible with MEP. Which sounds about right...
              Seems to read like you can do it in all versions of Revit. From the help file.
              I would find it hard to beleive you would not be able to do it in MEP.
              Last edited by mark b; July 26, 2011, 10:23 AM.
              Mark Balsom

Comment

Yup:
                View Tab > Callout. Draw the callout boundary on level 1
                View Tab > Callout. BEFORE drawing the actual boundary, go to the Options Bar, check "Reference other view" and select the previous callout. That should do it.
                Martijn de Riet
                Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                MdR Advies
                Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

LOL, I just posted the exact same answer in the MEP-forum. As far as I know this can also be done in MEP (although I am still waiting on my upgrade to Premium Suite to come through)
                  Martijn de Riet
                  Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                  MdR Advies
                  Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                    LOL, I just posted the exact same answer in the MEP-forum. As far as I know this can also be done in MEP (although I am still waiting on my upgrade to Premium Suite to come through)
                    50/50 chance.. we could both be right or both be.... :hide:
                    Mark Balsom

Comment