Question about detail keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about detail keys

So as we start to really put together a construction document set I'm realizing that detail keys that are created in one view end up showing up inadvertently in quite a few others.

How do you all deal with this? My thought is to create individual detail view types, such as "interior section detail," "exterior plan detail," etc and then use filters applied to view templates to view the ones that I need (ie only see interior and exterior plan details on my floor plans).

Which kind of details do you mean? COuld you post an example...?
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Here's a building section, notice all of the detail keys with legs which are showing up all over the place.
      Attached Files

Comment

As I recall,

You can apply a Filter to them and then use a View Template to apply the Filter in various views where you do not want them to appear.
        Cliff B. Collins
        Registered Architect
        The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
        Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Yup, that would be the way to go. Use separate types with a different type Mark or so and filter them in your View Template.
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

My filters aren't working, below are the filter parameters:

category: callout
            filter by: family and type
            equals: detail views (unique name which i applied)

for some reason it won't filter my callout tags in any view, do i need to filter type mark as Martijn said?

Comment

I think you are using the wrong criteria. Instead of "Callout", try "Sections" > Family and Type > Detail Views (detail).
              Also, detail references have an instance parameter called: "Hide in views coarser than" that you can use, as well.
              Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Also, depending on the detail type, there is also the option to "show in parent view only" or something like that. What you're seeing is that the section view you posted has a view extent that intersects where those other details were cut. So the view is showing those. Works great sometimes, like when you want to show a detail reference in a roof plan for something like your fascia detail, and also reference the same detail in your wall section without creating a "reference other view" detail. Sucks when you cut a detail for something like casework in your interior elevations, and then it shows up in all your building sections.

Comment

t1shep, that's fantastic i never knew that!

however, upon investigation some of my detail views, which appear to have the exact same settings as others, do not have this option. any idea why?

Comment