Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't dimension layers in floor

Hello forum

I had this user come ask me, why it wasn't possible to dimension floorlayers in sections? I said, just grab the dimension tool and click the lines - easy.. Well, he returned be cause he could not get it to work I took a look at it, and sure enough, the dimension tool did not snap to the layers of the floor? :crazy:

I played with it a bit, and eventually got it going, some crazy workaround i think, but none the less, it did the trick..

I've attached the project and isolated the floor in question, just to see what you guys can make of it? :beer:
    Attached Files
    KimArndt
    Last edited by KimArndt; July 25, 2011, 03:35 PM.

It has something to do with the footprint of that floor. I created a new floor of that type in the same view, and it dimensioned just fine. Then I edited the sketch of the problem floor, deleted the boundaries, and redrew it, and it dimensioned just fine. Not sure what else to do here other than re-draw the floor...

Arcturis
    BIM Manager
    Associate Architect

Comment

Hi Ross

Okay, I see.. Cleaver, but if you got half dozen or so floors it's a lot of work..

Well anyway, I got it working by duplicating the type, and nudge the floor up and down. Don't ask how I got to that conclusion :hide: haha

Anyway, thanks for looking in to it, just wanted to know if anyone could figure out a other way to make it work, or had seen this bug/error before..

Comment

Copy to clipboard and paste to the same place... works 99 out of a 100 times..
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Okay, I can see why that would work, anyway, this would be the 1 time where it dosn't - i'm sorry

Comment

I moved the floor by offset and moved back to offset 0.00. This solved it. I think this happens not too often...
            [email protected]

http://4revit.com

Comment

Well, tried everything you guys are talking about and my floor simply won't let me dimension it. Quickly did another project file with another template and the floors there dimension easily in a section view. What gives? What else can I try to get my floor to dimension? Transfer any project standards, or what? It's an annoying little bug.

Comment

Originally posted by nematsvehclav View Post
                Well, tried everything you guys are talking about and my floor simply won't let me dimension it. Quickly did another project file with another template and the floors there dimension easily in a section view. What gives? What else can I try to get my floor to dimension? Transfer any project standards, or what? It's an annoying little bug.

No need of that, the problem is the "Variable" parameter, so, just delete the first "layer", click OK then apply, now insert (AGAIN) the same layer, apply, ok, dimension the floor like you want....DONE
                Watch the video: 2012-10-27_1234 - typhoon's library

Hope this help.
                I Hope and I Wish to LEARN more, and more, and more.... REVIT

Comment

RevitCity.com | Can't dimension floor layers

Comment