Revit Discipline.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit Discipline.

Does anybody knows a way to create a Discipline in my Revit Project Browser?
    Last edited by Brocha; January 21, 2016, 02:04 PM.

As in sorting/grouping by or adding a new one? I believe a Project Browser Organization type of By Discipline is delivered with all the default out of the box templates, so I'm gonna assume you're asking if it's possible to add a new discipline to Arch/Struct/Mech/Elec/Plumb/Coord?

Disciplines are a fixed list (as they have associated graphic overrides); you can add as many Subdisciplines as you want. If it's that important, you could always just make a bunch of subdisciplines that are disciplines, as there's not a parent child relationship between Discipline/Sub-Discipline. Or you could add another Parameter to views/sheets and put it in a grouping further away from the Graphics section to eliminate confusion (in case you name it Discipline as well).

Comment

Sort by View Template.
      View template name is the (Sub-)discipline name, so no double information to manage.
      It forces users to use a view template for every view, which is good for discipline and consistency when printing (You can always use temporary view settings while working in a view).
      Put everything important that is related to the Discipline or Sub-Discipline in the template, so it is always available in the views and you can use that info to create/check your sheets. (For example our view and sheet numbers are built up automatically from Discipline number (That is in the template), level and building area (Scope Box).)
      Last edited by josephpeel; January 21, 2016, 03:02 PM.
      "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment