Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 basic Revit questions

back to basics
    1) any particular reasons why elevation tag head & body has to be separated? difficult to move around, etc. especially when you duplicates a few, i know i must miss something very simple, but just cannot recall ...
    edit: clarified by steve stafford in another forum, thanks steve.
    2) view range with respect to level and plan / RCP view -> if i only want typical floor plan / RCP view then i have to create plan / RCP view immediately above even though i don't want that view, say, Top range will normally be Level Above for RCP but it must have view already created, well, why Revit cannot set view range according to existing levels instead of views already created? i don't see any benifit yet unless someone tell me ...
    thanks
    Last edited by Ning Zhou; July 21, 2011, 08:36 PM.

Welcome to our forum, Ning Zhou.

About the first question: I don't see any problem in moving around an elevation tag. The reason why there is a body and a head is to provide options within the elevation family to show the head (the arrow) oriented to different directions (North, South, etc.), keeping the same body.

About the second question: Could you please clarify the question?
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

hi Alfredo, nice to see you again here, keep wondering where all those top guns are!
      for question 1, i realized that i only need to move body, kind of basic but you know sometimes you'll forget basics if you drink too much or too little coffee, i'm currently auditing model w/ lots of elevation tags (newly added, duplicated, etc.), turned out quite a few elevation tags only have body (w/o head which is view as you know), how to single it out in order to delete it? currently all elevation tags like south direction is in same location and overlapped so i have to move aside one by one until that bad guy (elevation tag w/o head) appears, besides, seems no way to align elevation tag to anywhere even though it's not important.
      for question 2, suppose i have 3 levels but only level 1 and 3 have their views created (plan or RCP), no views for level 2, now for RCP view of level 1, top range will be level 3 instead of level 2 even if you use view template, hope this will clarify for you, let me know if need RVT uploaded, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ning Zhou View Post
        hi Alfredo, nice to see you again here, keep wondering where all those top guns are!
        Ah, are you the same friend from Augi, who used to have a cute squirrel in his avatar, and used to go by the name of Joe, and whom I could never find in Autodesk University last year? Why did it take you so long to come to Revitforum? Welcome again!
        Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

yes, it's me -> squirrel eating cookie, man, i still owe you a drink there, hope this year's AU i can take your classes and see you there, too much API stuff last year.

Comment

Good to see you Squirrel Still havn´t forgotten this solution, which you came up with, and which I referenced in this thread:

Return Length = if(and(or(Length A > Length B, Length A = Length B), or(Length A > Length C, Length A = Length C)), Length A, if(and(or(Length B > Length A, Length B = Length A), or(Length B > Length C, Length B = Length C)), Length B, if(and(or(Length C > Length A, Length C = Length A), or(Length C > Length B, Length C = Length B)), Length C, 0 mm)))
            Klaus Munkholm
            "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

that formula makes my head hurt!!
              -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                Good to see you Squirrel Still havn´t forgotten this solution, which you came up with, and which I referenced in this thread:

Return Length = if(and(or(Length A > Length B, Length A = Length B), or(Length A > Length C, Length A = Length C)), Length A, if(and(or(Length B > Length A, Length B = Length A), or(Length B > Length C, Length B = Length C)), Length B, if(and(or(Length C > Length A, Length C = Length A), or(Length C > Length B, Length C = Length B)), Length C, 0 mm)))
                could you convert that to Imperial for me please?
                I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
                  could you convert that to Imperial for me please?
                  Ill give it a shot.

Return Length = if(and(or(Length A > Length B, Length A = Length B), or(Length A > Length C, Length A = Length C)), Length A, if(and(or(Length B > Length A, Length B = Length A), or(Length B > Length C, Length B = Length C)), Length B, if(and(or(Length C > Length A, Length C = Length A), or(Length C > Length B, Length C = Length B)), Length C, 0')))
                  -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
                    Ill give it a shot.

Return Length = if(and(or(Length A > Length B, Length A = Length B), or(Length A > Length C, Length A = Length C)), Length A, if(and(or(Length B > Length A, Length B = Length A), or(Length B > Length C, Length B = Length C)), Length B, if(and(or(Length C > Length A, Length C = Length A), or(Length C > Length B, Length C = Length B)), Length C, 0')))
                    you missed a comma...

that should keep you busy for a bit
                    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment