Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this do???

Ok, here's something weird...

I am working on a project and need to schedule certain parameters (Yes/No) to a Room. The parameter only applies to Rooms which have a certain feature:

If room A posesses feature X I want to be able to choose between option 1 or 2. Here's what I did:

1. Create a Room Schedule.
    2. Create filter for feature X. Only Rooms which have feature X are filtered.
    3. Create a Yes/No parameter. Yes means Option A, No means option B.

So far, so good. Now it get's complicated:
    I was looking for a way to NOT have the Option A/B parameter show up with all Rooms. I noticed a checkbox when applying a shared parameter which reads "Add to all elements in the selected categories" (fig 1). So I figured, if I uncheck this, it might just apply to ONLY the elements in my schedule.
    But this checkbox deselects all Categories. The Yes/No parameter is no longer accesible. Not in the Room Properties, not in my schedule (fig. 2)

My question is: does anyone have any clue what this parameter does???
    Attached Files
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

my guess is that you applied the change, to the selected item only, so if you find the room you had selected at the time, the option is still there, but not in any other rooms.

Comment

No, that's just it. It doesn't affect anything. The parameter doesn't even show up in the room properties. Besides that, I'm adding it in the schedule so not really related to any room at all. Might that be the problem? But I can't add a parameter to an object in the project environment, so why is it there?

I'm getting really
      Martijn de Riet
      MdR Advies

Comment

That is a very intriguing option. If it is checked, supposedly, it "adds the parameter to all the categories selected", but if it is unchecked, it just unselects everything, so you cannot choose the category to which you want to apply the shared parameter. I had never noticed this setting before, and I don't understand how it works either.
        Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
          That is a very intriguing option. If it is checked, supposedly, it "adds the parameter to all the categories selected", but if it is unchecked, it just unselects everything, so you cannot choose the category to which you want to apply the shared parameter. I had never noticed this setting before, and I don't understand how it works either.
          Any Autodesk staff want to comment??
          Martijn de Riet
          MdR Advies

Comment

You didn't make the parameter type based for a room did you dude?

Comment

The same question has been asked before: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=84701

Looks like to leave that option be.
              Arjan Ikink, BIM-engineer at PHB Deventer
              LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
                You didn't make the parameter type based for a room did you dude?
                Nope, that option isn't available when adding parameters through a schedule.
                Martijn de Riet
                MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by ikinks View Post
                  The same question has been asked before: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=84701

Looks like to leave that option be.
                  Right, this solved the mystery of what it does...
                  But that's the point, it doesn't seem to work with rooms. I don't even get a single room with this value (which would be tremendously cool btw)

More testing here...
                  Martijn de Riet
                  MdR Advies

Comment