Model Extents/Trouble with 3-D view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model Extents/Trouble with 3-D view

I am having some trouble with viewing a Revit model that I've been working on, especially in 3-D view. Whenever I type ZA for Zoom All, the view zooms WAY out to where I can barely see the building model. It's especially a problem in 3-D mode, where I cannot rotate around the building model except for at an extremely distant point of view. I don't know if this is because of an object way out in space that I can't see that is affecting the view, or if I somehow hit a button accidentally and caused this view issue. I do know that there was not an issue yesterday, so it must have been something that I did today. I'm not very familiar on how to manipulate views in Revit, but I do use the 3-D view a lot.

Is there a way to an erase/delete all of the area outside of the building (to ensure that problem is not some object way out in the middle of nowhere), without deleting the building itself?

The file was too big to upload, but I will be happy to send the file to someone if they need to see it in order to resolve the problem.

Thanks.

99% sure it's an element way out in space (and CAD imports have a bad habit of this so edit any first). 1% says your home view has been saved looking down from the moon. Do a zoom all, then scroll out a little bit further and use the selection window on the biggest on-screen area you can within your window. Try and scroll/zoom back into your building (or the area of everything you want to keep) then use SHIFT+selection window to UN-select the stuff you want to keep. If anything is still selected you know there's an outlier...you could hit delete if you're sure, maybe try it on a backed up copy first.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

elton williams:

I tried what you suggested in the 3-D view, and it seemed to work; the zoom all now zooms to just the model, and I can orbit around the model easily.

Thanks for your help.

Comment