Callout Stair Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Callout Stair Details

In ACA, I would just create a tag with a leader to call out my stair details. I can't do that in Revit. I really don't want a huge section marker cutting throught my stairs mucking up my floor plan. Plus, I have 2 separate stairs, one under the other. Is a section the only way?

I know I could create a drafting view and tag it with a callout, but then I'd have to "draw" the entire stair section in 2D. How is everyone else doing this? I've attached my floor plan and my stair details from ACA. What's the easiest way to get the same results?
    Attached Files
    Dan

What about if, on your 1/4" plan view, you create just a callout view of the stairs. Then on that other view, at 1/2", you make all the section marks you need, to create the other views. Those section marks will be smaller and will be set to "Hide at scales coarser than: 1/2 = 1'-0", so they won't affect the main 1/4" view. Then, arrange the stairs plan, section views and details on a sheet.
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. Except in Revit I can't just have a live tag. I have to draw the boundry around the stairs. Since there are two on top of each other, that may be tricky. I'll try it though.
      Dan

Comment

Create a different tag type for the stairs. You can either have this set to hide at scales coarser then 1:1 (for example) or select one, right click, select all instances, hide in view...
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

But if it doesn't have any sort of boundary, how will it know what to include in the detail view?
          Dan

Comment

Now I'm getting confused..
            The way I see it, you need two sections: one through the stairs, one in front of it facing towards the stairs. Both sections have a View Depth and a Crop box. So you can modify the field of view in all directions you want. See attached...

Plan View "Level 1" is showing no section markers.
            Plan View "Level 1 1to1" is showing section markers. Because this view is on scale 1:1, and the section markers are set to hide at scales coarser then 1:1. Sections 1 and 2 are set up to show only the bottom stairs...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mdradvies; July 19, 2011, 10:11 PM. Reason: forgot attachment
            Martijn de Riet
            MdR Advies

Comment

Use the Sectiontool to create the Detail view. Make a callout-tag that fits you and breake the section line in plan view. Now you can drag the section line towards the tag and use it as leader.
              Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
              Create a different tag type for the stairs. You can either have this set to hide at scales coarser then 1:1 (for example) or select one, right click, select all instances, hide in view...
              I would do the same to hide the tag in desirred views.
              - Peter -
              www.revitogbim.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                Now I'm getting confused..
                The way I see it, you need two sections: one through the stairs, one in front of it facing towards the stairs. Both sections have a View Depth and a Crop box. So you can modify the field of view in all directions you want. See attached...

Plan View "Level 1" is showing no section markers.
                Plan View "Level 1 1to1" is showing section markers. Because this view is on scale 1:1, and the section markers are set to hide at scales coarser then 1:1. Sections 1 and 2 are set up to show only the bottom stairs...
                You're not confused. I don't know what I'm talking about. :laugh: How hard would it be to do the example in 2011? Please!

Originally posted by ptranberg View Post
                Use the Sectiontool to create the Detail view. Make a callout-tag that fits you and breake the section line in plan view. Now you can drag the section line towards the tag and use it as leader.

I would do the same to hide the tag in desirred views.
                How exactly do I do that? I'm lost.
                Dan

Comment

Hows this? It may not be the best solution, but it's working so far.

I placed an interior elevation marker looking at the stairs (as if I'm walking up them). Isolated the stairs in the elevation and put a section marker for the side view. Now, I only have an elevation marker on the floor plans.
                  Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
                    You're not confused. I don't know what I'm talking about. :laugh: How hard would it be to do the example in 2011? Please!
                    Your wish is my command...
                    Section markers are invisible in ALL views not set scale 1:1... Use this a lot for "working" sections which I want to keep but not have them clutter up my (working)views.
                    Attached Files
                    Martijn de Riet
                    MdR Advies

Comment