Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callout, how to move split crop regions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Callout, how to move split crop regions?

Alright, so my detail is too long and i want to make it shorter showing with break lines. When i do callout, i split crop region creating needed visible parts.
    Is it possible to move them 1 near another? or should i duplicate this detail 4 times and add them separately?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bangobeat; July 18, 2011, 08:30 AM.

select the divided crop region, you should see at center an arrow which allows you to move it. moving on another region will unify them.
    Julien
    "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
    P. DAC
    Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

If you select the crop region you'll notice a double arrowed icon in the center of each view. It's plain click and drag afterwards.

edit: too late! :hide:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ikinks; July 18, 2011, 08:58 AM. Reason: too late
      Arjan Ikink, BIM-engineer at PHB Deventer
      LinkedIn

Comment

The actual breakline is a separate component, and is located in "Detail Components General" Families Folder.
        I could never understand why the breakline was never built into the divided crop region. Personally I never use one without the other.
        Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Thanks guys, break line needs to be shown all the time when you split crop region as far as i know. As mark said it would be great that Revit would do this automatically when you split it. Have a happy Monday.
          1 short joke for cheering up
          Guy hears shooting and bombing in the cupboard, he opens cupboard and there are army jacket
          Last edited by bangobeat; July 18, 2011, 10:15 AM.

Comment

ikinks, do you make your roof with separate parts? Your top surface is longer, then beam, then insulation etc, and did you model your batten? if yes what kind of family have you chosen? generic model wall based, adding an extrusion and applying material?
            Could you give me a tip what kind of workflow did you choose?
            Last edited by bangobeat; July 18, 2011, 09:28 AM.

Comment

All separate parts. Roof = roof, wall = wall, framing is a mix between structual columns and beams tied to refplanes and stashed into groups. Insulation beneath the framing in fact is a ceiling. Purlins are beams, as is the corrugated sheet. And in this case, yes, the battens are modeled. More of a test, actually, I made an in-place generic component. Might make a more definitive solution in the future.
              Arjan Ikink, BIM-engineer at PHB Deventer
              LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by bangobeat View Post
                ikinks, do you make your roof with separate parts? Your top surface is longer, then beam, then insulation etc, and did you model your batten? if yes what kind of family have you chosen? generic model wall based, adding an extrusion and applying material?
                Could you give me a tip what kind of workflow did you choose?
                I have never really seen the point the the break line...it is an old cad standard that came through which I feel add very little value for how long it takes to place them (which granted isn't very long). When looking at a view and a line just stops I feel it is pretty safe to assume that it continues. If I elevate a spread footing and the top and bottom line just stop I feel it is pretty apparent that the footing continues.

Comment

Originally posted by gdoherty0102 View Post
                  I have never really seen the point the the break line...it is an old cad standard that came through which I feel add very little value for how long it takes to place them (which granted isn't very long). When looking at a view and a line just stops I feel it is pretty safe to assume that it continues. If I elevate a spread footing and the top and bottom line just stop I feel it is pretty apparent that the footing continues.
                  Me neither... Waist of time, learn how to read a drawing!
                  Martijn de Riet
                  Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                  MdR Advies
                  Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Never under estimate the stupidity of contractors. They try everything to get more money. :-\
                    -Alex Cunningham

Comment