creating a wall base that is not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating a wall base that is not.

I am encountering an annoyance with my walls with integral wall bases.
    I created a wall type that includes a sweep such that in all elevations there is a wall base visible. However, I am running into issues with also seeing this wall base on my plans as I am working to develop the project and find that at times I am snapping to the wall base rather than the face of finish.

I know that I can raise my view range to exclude the wall base, but this won't do as there are time I need the range to extent to the floor or past.

Is there a way to add the appearance of a wall base within the wall type and visible on elevations, but that it does not reflect a depth and is visible in plan?

Thanks

Have you tried expanding the walls category under visibility graphics and turning off the sweep there in your plan view template?
    Rob Pivovarnick, AIA
    Senior Project Architect
    Michael Graves Architecture and Design
    LinkedIn Profile | @ Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sgray05 View Post
      I am encountering an annoyance with my walls with integral wall bases.
      I created a wall type that includes a sweep such that in all elevations there is a wall base visible. However, I am running into issues with also seeing this wall base on my plans as I am working to develop the project and find that at times I am snapping to the wall base rather than the face of finish.

I know that I can raise my view range to exclude the wall base, but this won't do as there are time I need the range to extent to the floor or past.

Is there a way to add the appearance of a wall base within the wall type and visible on elevations, but that it does not reflect a depth and is visible in plan?

Thanks
      The only way to get what you want (that I'm aware of) is to use a wall sweep rather than integrating the sweep in the wall type.
      Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
      BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Could you maybe create a filter by material? Develop a material for your wall base that is unlike any that you already have and choose to turn the associated filter off in the view.

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
          The only way to get what you want (that I'm aware of) is to use a wall sweep rather than integrating the sweep in the wall type.
          This is the method I prefer, I'd rather add the base as a sweep where needed than have to duplicate wall types to create ones with or without a base.
          Rob Pivovarnick, AIA
          Senior Project Architect
          Michael Graves Architecture and Design
          LinkedIn Profile | @ Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by pivoarch View Post
            Have you tried expanding the walls category under visibility graphics and turning off the sweep there in your plan view template?
            I tried toggling the wall sweep on and off in the visibility graphics controls and that didn't work. I assumed that this is because it is integral to the wall type. I then created an in model-in-place component, categorized it as a wall and used the sweep. (just as a trial). Then toggled the wall sweep on and off in the visibility graphics and it didn't turn this off either.
            I'm wondering what this line category - sweeps under the wall category within visibility graphics actually controls?

Back to the original question. I understand separating out the wall sweep from the wall type, but I feel that given that 98% of my walls will have the same rubber wall base, this is a tedious task to add in the wall base as a separate item just to have it be visible on the elevations. I'll continue to think it through. Thanks for your feedback!

Comment

I've mentioned this in other posts if you want to search and read more but the short version is use a Roof Fascia instead of a Wall Sweep. Roofs as finish floors, model lines where there are no finishes, and fascia wrapping it all. Works a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Greg McDowell Jr
              about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment